OPS College of Education University Supervisor
The position will supervise students during their placements.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
The major roles of the University Supervisor are to be a facilitator in the student teaching experience and to act as a liaison between the school site and the University. These roles share the same complexity as that of the cooperating teacher in that the University Supervisor is both an advocate and evaluator for the candidate. Although the supervision of the teacher candidate is a joint responsibility, University Supervisors must meet with both the teacher candidate and the cooperating teacher on a regular basis to ensure the efficacy of the program and the candidate’s progress. University Supervisors will make at least five observations at regular intervals throughout the semester and provide formative feedback and suggestions for improvement. They may also make unannounced visits and observations during the semester. Supervisors must also plan and conduct three seminars.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Teaching experience, some mentoring experience, Clinical Educator Training, and at least a Master’s degree.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.