Accounting, Adjunct Faculty
Your initial assignment will include teaching; course and/or curriculum development; involvement on College and University committees and/or initiatives; as well as other duties as assigned. Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; involved in scholarly activities as appropriate to appointment; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties would include but are not limited to:
Responsible for teaching Accounting courses in the Lutgert College of Business.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Master’s degree in Accounting from an AACSB accredited program or equivalent accreditation with 18 graduate hours in Accounting.
Ph.D. in Accounting from an AACSB accredited institution. Professional certification. Experience teaching at the university level.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Accounting & Finance Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers