Your initial assignment will include teaching; course and/or
curriculum development; involvement on College and University
committees and/or initiatives; as well as other duties as assigned.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty
are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing
professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction
resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use
of technology including distance learning; involved in scholarly
activities as appropriate to appointment; and provide service to
the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be
on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties would include but are not limited to:
Responsible for teaching Accounting courses in the Lutgert College
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Master’s degree in Accounting from an AACSB accredited program or
equivalent accreditation with 18 graduate hours in
Ph.D. in Accounting from an AACSB accredited institution.
Professional certification. Experience teaching at the university
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, students and the community in a
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.