Your initial assignment will include teaching; course and/or
curriculum development; involvement on College and University
committees and/or initiatives; as well as other duties as assigned.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty
are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing
professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction
resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use
of technology including distance learning; involved in scholarly
activities as appropriate to appointment; and provide service to
the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be
on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Responsible for teaching Business Law courses in the Lutgert
College of Business.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
A Juris Doctorate from an accredited Law School.
Experience teaching at the university level.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, students and the community in a
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.