Adjunct Instructor - VCUarts Qatar - Painting & Printmaking
Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Instructor - VCUarts Qatar - Painting & Printmaking Department Qatar Campus Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range VCUarts Qatar Standard Adjunct Rate Campus Qatar Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Part-Time Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Painting + Printmaking Department is looking to hire new adjunct faculty to teach a diverse range of classes for the spring semester 2021. Faculty will be required to teach Within the new academic changing realities. He/she should facilitate flexibility in the teaching and learning process. These positions are open for online teaching practice, but not only faculty should be willing to work remotely and be available to be part of the hybrid teaching model.
1. Teaching courses as needed in hybrid, remote teaching module /or on campus
2. Hold one office per week per class taught.
3. Grade all assignments and exams promptly.
4. Submit grades according to school policy.
5. Use VCU email for all VCU work-related responsibilities.
6. Attend monthly faculty meeting
● A robust interdisciplinary art practices with evidence of academic success.
● A graduate degree in a field related to the course(s) one would teach.
● Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
● Demonstrated enthusiasm towards teaching and interacting within a multicultural environment as an adjunct faculty member at VCUarts Qatar.
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as an adjunct faculty member at VCUarts Qatar.
● A good understanding of remote teaching methods in studio art, the ability to adapt to change, and understand online responsibilities.
● Zoom, Team, Google classroom, Canvas, etc.
• 3-5 years of experience teaching undergraduate courses in higher education.
• Experience teaching studio courses in Qatar, the Arab Gulf, or the Middle East.
• Demonstrated skills and experience in one or several of the following areas of expertise:
1- New genres in Printmaking
2- Photography and Film
3- Programing for artists
4- Electronic Art
5- Computer Art
Job Open Date 10/01/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please submit application materials via VCU eJobs at www.vcujobs.com. Only electronic applications submitted via eJobs will be accepted.
Application materials should include the following:
1. Current CV or Resume
2. A list of three current references including names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses (references will not be contacted prior to applicant’s approval)
3. Examples of student assignments and/or student work, if available
CV/Resume and list of references should be submitted as one PDF in the “Curriculum Vitae (CV)” section of eJobs; and, due to file size limitations, the examples of student work should be submitted in a PDF in the “Other Documents” section of eJobs.
Applicants must have a valid residence permit and currently living in Qatar.
Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100926 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application