University Code 34125 University Title Associate Research Administrator 2 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Research Administrator Position Number 553250 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Internal Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Two (2) Positions
As a member of the Department of Medicine Research Administration team, the Research Administrator will be responsible for providing direct pre and post award management support to assigned DOIM divisions. The Research Administrator will assist in the development and submission of proposals and in the compliant financial and administrative management of sponsored awards and may supervise other employees. This position provides an opportunity to work in a fast¬ paced environment with potential for career growth in the field of Research Administration for those presenting a willingness to learn and ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of faculty and staff.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Candidates must possess skills in the following areas: analyze financial transactions for trends and variances; create reports, tracking tools, and professional documents; budget development; expense forecasting; financial reconciliation; ability to interpret and apply complex government regulations and contractual terms; proactively ask questions and seek guidance when needed.
• Must have excellent customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong problem solving and time management skills are essential, including ability to adapt to frequent changes in work assignments, prioritize, and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
• Must be precise, thorough, and reliable and perform daily activities with minimal supervision.
• Must be proficient in the use of computers with an ability to learn new systems and software applications with ease. Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe required.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a diverse environment..
Preferred Hiring Standards
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, management, or related field preferred.
• Prior experience in research administration in the areas of proposal development, financial management, effort reporting, and project closeout, including a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and OMB Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards. Certification in Research Administration; such as a CRA designation, strongly preferred.
• Prior experience in administrative and financial management in an academic setting (to include a working knowledge of state/university purchasing, travel, personnel administration policies and procedures). Additionally, general understanding of IRB and IACUC policies pertaining to regulatory requirements in animal and human research is a plus.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $50,000 - $55,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hours/weekly Normal Work Days/Hours 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Job Open Date 10/02/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100940 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your work experience, education, and training
that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your pre-award grant submission experience.
List all grant funding sources.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience working with post-award financial
management of grants and contracts.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application