Assistant Director, Federal Work-Study
University Code 35911 University Title Administrator 1, Student Services University Job Family Student Services ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Assistant Director, Federal Work-Study Position Number 536490 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Financial Aid Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Assistant Director for Federal Work-Study will, under the supervision of the Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid, provide administrative management and oversight of the Federal Work-Study Program for the University and supervise employees as directed. This position will be the primary liaison with administrative offices, Human Resources Professionals and Associates, VCU Career Services, on campus supervisors, and off campus employers to achieve operational goals and facilitate student success in the Federal Work-Study program.
• Administer awards and monitor balances in Federal Work-Study (on and off campus).
• Manage and reconcile the University-wide work-study budgets. This position also reconciles financial activity, tracks funding, and ensures fiscal compliance of expenditures against select Title IV and commonwealth financial aid accounts.
• Troubleshoot and resolve related accounting problems utilizing VCU systems and other applicable resources.
• Provide work-study information to students and employers (on campus and off campus) including counseling students and parents in all facets of work-study programming available to them.
• Develop and present appropriate workshops and training on the Federal Work-Study program to students, campus departments, and off campus organizations.
• Ensure that the program is complying with federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies working to identify risks and solutions to minimize audit concerns.
• Develop and implement work-study policies and procedures including steps that meet University hiring practices and requirements.
• Serve as the Human Resources Associate for off campus work-study students including processing paperwork, performing background checks, and performing timekeeping responsibilities in conjunction with the SEMSS HR office.
• Collaborate with Career Services and the JLD Coordinator to optimize work-study employment opportunities. Provide cohesive service to employers and student employees as well as review work-study agreements and approve employers for work-study partnerships.
• Support Career Services with job fairs, as needed.
• Resolve complex issues independently and refer unprecedented issues to a higher level. Serve as a resource to staff and campus partners.
• Ability to make autonomous decisions understanding that they commit the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to a specific course of action, carrying fiduciary responsibility and personal accountability.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Program Management or related field.
• Must be able to perform problem analysis, awarding for funds, and adjustment of aid.
• Ability to interpret federal, state and institutional rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and to exercise professional judgment as needed to ensure that appropriate aid resources are directed to all work-study applicants.
• Excellent communication skills, attention to details, and demonstrated competent computer skills.
• Experience with managing and reconciling a large budget while maintaining reporting procedures to comply with federal and state laws.
• Ability to manage and implement complex, time sensitive projects or initiatives that have a University-wide impact.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree or equivalent applicable experience or training.
• 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience working in a financial aid or student services office.
• Demonstrated experience managing and processing student financial aid programs (federal, state, institutional).
• Knowledge of Federal Work-Study regulations.
• Knowledge of VCU policies and procedures.
• Experience working with Banner software, COD, CPS, NSLDS, ElmSelect in a financial aid office.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience. Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday 8-5 Job Open Date 09/27/2020 Posting will close on or before 10/18/2020 Open Until Filled No Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100687 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently employed by Virginia Commonwealth
- * What is your highest level of education?
- High School/GED
- Some College
- Bachelor's Degree
- Some Master's Classes
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of financial aid experience do you have?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond