College Outreach & Recruitment Specialist
Columbia Basin College ('CBC' or the 'College') seeks a College Outreach and Retention Specialist who will represent Columbia Basin College (CBC) in outreach and recruitment efforts in the K-12 system and the community. This position will be responsible to present various informational and program workshops to promote CBC in general, as well as specific programs to prospective students. The incumbent will participate in classroom visitation and other K-12 special activities as well as community events and adult reengagement. The position will also assist with advising, orientation processes and First Year Introduction. This position reports to the Director for Student Recruitment.
This position is open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been received by November 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an outreach and recruitment plan for the K-12 system, the greater Tri-Cities community and non-traditional student enrollment to support the CBC strategic plan for recruitment and outreach;
- Present workshops and/or information sessions within the greater Tri-Cities community and the K-12 system to promote CBC in general, as well as specific CBC programs;
- Present on-boarding and transition workshops to include application submission, financial aid, getting started steps and assessment preparation;
- Provide accurate academic advising and planning information to potential students, parents and K-12 personnel;
- Interface and collaborate with K-12 administration, counselors, instructors, school district principals, specialized staff and support staff as necessary and appropriate to ensure a coordinated outreach and recruitment effort;
- Collaborate with CBC program department leads and faculty to support and facilitate a coordinated outreach and recruitment efforts and activities;
- Develop and participate in community outreach and recruitment events such as fairs, summer camps, expos, tours, counselor workshops, community forums, presentations, visits and other activities as deemed appropriate to promote CBC;
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of CBC marketing materials and e-recruitment activities;
- Track and conduct follow-up contacts and call-outs to students who have expressed an interest in attending CBC using a CRM system;
- Participate in regular staff meetings to maintain current information to share with participants, and to plan outreach and recruitment events;
- Complete monthly outreach and recruitment reports;
- Assist in maintaining a campus-wide outreach/recruitment calendar;
- Serve on campus committees as appropriate;
- Participate in professional development to stay current in professional field; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Higher Education, Communications, Business or related field from a regionally accredited college or university;
- One (1) year experience in education, training, non-profit or marketing/sales;
- Familiarity with electronic technology and media and demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office and internet research tools; and
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish/English.
- Prior experience with event planning and providing presentations/workshops.
Accuracy : Monitor accuracy of own work; recognize and corrects errors; maintain accurate records; accomplish tasks thoroughly through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small;
Analytical Skills : Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; identify data relationships and dependencies; design workflows and procedures;
Resourceful & Entrepreneurial : Consistently focus on end results and find most effective way to achieve goals and objectives; act on opportunities; take calculated risks; generate non-routine, non-traditional actions to overcome obstacles and achieve results;
Attitude Toward Progress and Change : Cooperate and support change and new processes; acceptance and quality performance throughout change;
Willingness to Learn : Open to learning new methods, obtaining certifications, attending training; participate in cross-training opportunities when assigned; suggest and/or researches new methods; proactively look for training opportunities that would better the position and/or department;
Oral & Written Communication : Speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings; structure and convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; review and edit written work constructively; ability to tailor to audience in mind;
Student Centered : Attention, interest, activities and efforts are centered upon the best interest of students; create and support an environment that enables learners to achieve their personal, academic, and professional goals; provide courteous and helpful responses to all customers, whether they be students, general public or employees from another department;
Support for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion : Reflecting CBC’s mission, vision and values, support initiatives that expand the human qualities that differentiate our workplace and educational setting. Demonstrate and advocate an understanding of differences, open mindedness, compassion, sensitivity and interest in differing viewpoints given the diverse population and show a deep commitment to the involvement of colleagues, students and community members to student experience and success honoring freedom of expression as fundamental to personal, professional and organizational growth;
Accountability : Accountable for own actions, decisions, errors, mistakes and/or failures to act when appropriate; accept responsibility when given, understand what duties employee is responsible for and can be counted upon to carry out those responsibilities; and
Teamwork : Demonstrate a willingness to work with, and help others in completing job assignments, the ability to accept constructive criticism, and to cooperate with fellow employees and supervisors; demonstrate alignment with the 'Yes And' culture, (e.g., being present and listening, making each other look good, embracing change and failure and choosing positivity).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a twelve (12) month per year, full-time exempt position. The standard work hours are Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; however work hours may vary due to work demands and some evening work as required. This position is overtime exempt.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
*Please note that selected interview candidates will be subject to supplemental testing that will measure skills and abilities in the following area: Spanish language proficiency.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In the interest of providing a healthy, safe and secure educational and work environment, and in order to meet the requirements of federal legislation, it is the policy of the College to maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace for our employees and students.
If you are hired, you will need to provide proof of identity and documentation of U.S. citizenship or appropriate authorization to work in this position as required by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1986.
Columbia Basin College operates under an approved affirmative action plan and encourages applications from persons of color, women, veterans and persons of disability. The Human Resources Office is accessible to those with disabilities. If you need accommodation in application or employment, contact the Human Resources Office at (509) 542-4740.
- Occasional need to lift at least twenty (20) pounds;
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time;
- Frequent need for oral, written and auditory communication;
- Frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions;
- Occasional need for travel; and
- Ability to work in a fast paced and/or sometimes stressful situations.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco