Secretary for Traditional Admissions
Job Title Secretary for Traditional Admissions Posting Number S840P Classification Title
Compiles and maintains administrative and clerical work of California Baptist University traditional undergraduate admissions office. To function as a team player within the office setting to do what is reasonable and necessary to reach said FTE goals that are established each year. To be innovative and capable of activities, and to perform customer services tasks professionally and with dignity toward the client and fellow workers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Daily enter data using the current enrollment computer management system in place at the University, close attention to details minimizing entry errors.
2. Meet and greet the public in a positive, professional and pleasant manner.
3. Maintains admissions records on traditional student population applicants.
4. Processes requests for information and applications for admissions from all sources.
5. Processes correspondence to prospective students regarding the status of their applications, etc.
6. Maintains appointment book, and schedules appointments for staff as requested.
7. Relieves Receptionist for breaks, lunch and days off.
8. Provides information and assistance to inquiries, applicants, and students.
9. Sorts, stamps and files incoming mail for traditional student Admissions office.
10. Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
11. Receives and distributes incoming mail.
12. Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
13. Makes copies of correspondence and other printed materials.
14. Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including email and faxes.
15. Presents a positive supportive image of the Admissions Office, California Baptist University, and Christian Higher Education.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to investigate and analyze information, and to draw conclusions.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 10/02/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6040 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside