Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
This field only applies to Faculty
Performs a variety of high-level clerical and administrative duties related to processing student admissions applications and related information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prints applications and enters data into the Tarrant County College ( TCC ) System
• Conducts various research to establish student academic status prior to entering TCC, including accreditation of other institutions, residency status, high school graduation status, home school status, veterans’ status
• Maintains knowledge on state regulations and TCC policies and procedures; applies knowledge to the application process
• Processes readmission requests, updating demographic information, residency, academic history, and academic status
• Receives and processes incoming high school transcripts; verifies graduation status, ranks, and grade point average; analyzes test scores to determine eligibility to be exempt from testing
• Assists students and prospective students in person, by phone, and in writing; provides instructions based on TCC policies and procedures
• Processes a variety of documents, forms, reports and files; processes continuing education information
• Interacts with a variety of databases, ensuring confidentiality of all stored data
• Coordinates workflow with other departments and programs on campus
• Assists supervisor in office management duties
• Organizes and distributes the workload of the office
• Interprets and follows prescribed procedures for the production of a large volume of work
• Orders and stocks office supplies; maintains list of office equipment, including computer hardware and software
• Schedules appointments and maintains office calendar
• Performs more advanced administrative work depending on area of assignment
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the TCC Institute
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma ( GED )
• Two (2) years related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university
• Previous experience in an Admission/Registrar/Records Office of a college or university
• Previous experience with the Colleague student information system
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Intermediate experience working with computerized systems and office productivity software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Typical Office Hours for this position:
Fall & Spring: Monday – Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Summer: Monday – Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth