BROADBAND: Research Administrator 1, Research Administrator 2, or Research Administrator 3 -
BROADBAND: Research Administrator 1, Research Administrator 2, or Research Administrator 3 will depend on number of years of experience and education.
Performs the more complex pre-award and post-award administration of federal, state, private profit and private non-profit grants and contracts awarded to the University of Houston. Serves as team leader for research administration team for assigned college units.
- Reviews and submits proposals to external funding sources;
initiates the creation of cost centers according to awarded project
terms and conditions and modifies cost centers according to revised
- Provides guidance and expertise to faculty, department
administrators and university executives on a wide variety of
grants and contracts issues.
- Responsible for customer problem review and resolution for
research administration team.
- Develops and implements internal operating procedures for
assigned team; coordinates the work activities of assigned team and
provides work direction as needed.
- Maintains web based proposal submission and research
administration using electronic research administration
- Negotiates the terms and conditions of grants and sub-recipient
awards with potential sponsors and awardees and reviews contracts
in conjunction with the Research Contracts Officer.
- Researches sponsor's financial and administrative regulations
applicable to funded projects.
- Evaluates expenditure reallocation documents according to
federal, state and university guidelines for allowability,
appropriateness and timeliness.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's and 1 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of ONE (1) year of directly job-related experience.