Assistant Strength Coach
Assistant Strength Coach
Job No: 496618
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Department of Athletics & Recreation at Bucknell University is seeking applicants to join the staff as Assistant Strength Coach. This is a full-time, exempt, benefits eligible position. Primary job responsibilities will be the design, implementation, and scheduling of sport specific strength and conditioning programs for assigned sports. Must be proficient in Olympic and strength training movements, exercise selection and training theories/philosophies. This position reports to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
1. Assigned primary oversight and implementation responsibilities for Division I student-athletes participating in 6-8 varsity programs.
2. Assist with the planning, scheduling, and overall comprehensive development of weight training programs for the 27 varsity D-1 intercollegiate athletic programs.
3. Provide certified and safe instruction in the use of weight machines, free weights, and conditioning equipment.
4. Conduct testing and evaluation of student-athletes to effectively monitor desired training outcomes.
5. Maintain the weight room by taking inventory of equipment and recommend upgrades to equipment as needed as part of the department's overall risk management planning.
6. Promote commitment, teamwork, and develop a working relationship that establishes rapport with, and ensure open lines of communication with, the sports medicine staff in the monitoring, design and implementation of rehabilitation programs for injured athletes.
7. Educate and promote good nutritional guidance and supplementation information for the health and performance of the student-athletes.
8. Oversee volunteer Strength Interns and educate them in program-development skills and lifting techniques.
9. Perform additional duties as needed.
1. Bachelor's degree in Strength Training or a related field of Exercise Science
2. Candidate must have either the NSCA-CSCS or CSCCA Certification
3. CPR/AED certification
1. Master's Degree and one year of collegiate strength and conditioning experience
2. Excellent computer skills and the ability to effectively work with others
3. Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives
4. Attention to detail, Integrity, and a high level of initiative
5. Working knowledge of medical and physiological terminology
6. Familiar with NCAA rules and regulations
7. Proficient in coaching Power Lifting and Olympic style lifts
8. Experience with the Bridge Athletics programming platform that powers robust workout design, delivery, and monitoring.
9. Experience with the Bod-E Comm2 (Near Infrared Body Composition Analyzer)
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of above average-weight objects and standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496618/assistant-strength-coach