Job ID: 221057
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Production Chef ensures preparation of excellent food and exceptional customer service within the dining facility; monitors sanitation practices to ensure employees follow standards and regulations; and offers support and direction to student and temporary employees.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Prepare food using techniques such as cooking, roasting, baking, and the preparation of skillet meals.
- Ensure compliance with menus, recipes, production schedules, and quality standards.
- Participate in daily testing of foods.
- Complete preparation assignments for next day's menu.
- Serve clients during special events and work in other departments/locations
- Clean equipment and perform other sanitation duties
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) or more years of work-related experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prepare food according to health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of use of food service equipment
- Knowledge of safe food handling techniques and tools
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques such as sauteing, broiling, frying, and grilling, seasoning methods and portion control
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
Apply Before Date
October 19, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May be required to be able to lift up to 25 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Walk, bend and stand throughout day
- Workweek may extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- May be required to work holidays and special events
2310101 - Dining Commons
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221057&PostingSeq=1