Virtual Reality Program Developer
The Virtual Reality Program Developer will be responsible for building safety-training programs in virtual reality. These programs will utilize various platforms based on the Unity framework. The training will be mining based safety issues. Programmer will be required to gather data onsite at various mines in the area. Programmer will collaborate with instructors to create quality products, establish a working relationship with industry partners and insure all programs are in compliance with regulatory standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent knowledge of Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, animation, VR, GUI styles, and user session management
- Familiarity with level design and planning
- Experience with game physics and particle systems
- Experience with 3D modeling is a plus
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with current design and architectural patterns
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Knowledge or experience with many types of equipment, LIDAR scanners, 360 cameras, drones, GoPro, and others an absolute plus.
- Experience writing and implementing unity functions with Virtual Reality
- Bachelors degree in information systems or a similar field, sufficient practical experience can be substituted for degree.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, safely (loading, unloading and setting up remote equipment, for gathering data, carried in Program vehicles).
- Out-of-town travel is estimated to average at least 10% of scheduled work time (out-of-town travel requirements will vary, depending upon time of year, immediate assignments, etc.).
- A normal working week is estimated to be at least 40 hours.
- Employer paid retirement plan (17.37% employer paid; .75% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- 20 days paid annual leave
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- 16 paid holidays per year
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Gillette
- Academic Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Gillette
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Gillette
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Gillette
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Gillette