Assistant Professor in School of Computing
Specialization in: Data Mining, Text Mining, Big Data Analytics, Big Data Applications, or related fields.
Position Summary: Southern Illinois University Carbondale invites those with potential for excellence in research and teaching to submit an application for consideration as an Assistant Professor in the School of Computing. This is a 9-month, continuing, tenure-track appointment starting August 16, 2021. We are particularly looking for those who specialize in Data Mining, Text Mining, Big Data Analytics, and Big Data Applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in computer science.
- Conduct high quality research and direct graduate student research in computer science.
- Participate in service activities that support the school's mission of teaching, research, and service.
- Ph.D. in computer science or related field. ABD applicants will be considered if all doctoral degree requirements will be completed by August 15, 2021. If all degree requirements are not completed by that date, a term, non-tenure track appointment may be offered in accordance with University policy (https://policies.siu.edu/personnel-policies/chapter2/ch2-faps/conting.php).
- Evidence of high quality ongoing and future research.
- Teaching competency for computer science courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Specialty in one or more of the following: Data Mining, Text Mining, Big Data Analytics, Big Data Applications or related areas.
Application Procedure: Visit https://jobs.siu.edu/ to apply. Required Documents: letter of interest, transcripts, teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae, and statement of research philosophy
Questions regarding the position may be sent to the Director at email@example.com
General Information: Review of applications will begin December 15, 2020. Applications will be accepted after this date until the position is filled.
For more information about the School of Computing, visit http://www.cs.siu.edu/
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Carbondale
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Carbondale
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Carbondale