Assistant/Associate Professor (Organizational Training and Development)
Title: Assistant/Associate Professor
(Organizational Training and Development)
Job Category: Faculty
Department: Workforce Education and Development Program
College: School of Education
Position Summary: Southern Illinois University Carbondale seeks applicants for an Assistant or Associate Professor (Organizational Training and Development) within the Workforce Education and Development Program at the School of Education. The position is a continuing, nine-month, tenure track appointment to begin August 16, 2021. An additional summer teaching appointment may be possible contingent upon student demand. Progress in rank will require demonstrations of productivity in research, publication, teaching, and service.
Duties and Responsibilities: Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Workforce Education and Development; advise students; chairing master’s and doctoral students’ committees; pursue a continuing line of research activities leading to scholarly publication; provide service to constituencies of the School and University; and assume other responsibilities as assigned. The preparation of proposals for external funding will be encouraged. Opportunity to assume editorship of Online Journal for Workforce Education and Development.
- An earned doctorate with a specialization in human resource development, workforce education, adult learning, or related field. ABD applicants will be considered if all doctoral degree requirements will be completed by August 15, 2021. If all degree requirements are not completed by that date, a term, non-tenure track appointment may be offered in accordance with University policy.
- Experience in undergraduate or graduate teaching (postsecondary), which may include experience as a teaching assistant.
- Technical, human resource development, and/or business training experience in the public or private sector.
- Emerging record of research and scholarly activities.
- In addition to the requirements above, the rank of Associate Professor (tenure track) requires candidates to demonstrate qualifications commensurate with the Department and College criteria for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor which includes substantial evidence supporting excellence in teaching, scholarly productivity in nationally/internationally recognized refereed journals and professional service.
- Experience teaching research courses.
- Record of obtaining external funding to support training and research activities.
- Experience working with doctoral students.
- Record of contributions to professional organizations at the state, regional, and national levels.
- Experience as associate editor or editor of professional journal.
Application Procedure: Visit https://jobs.siu.edu/ to create an
account and apply.
Required Documents: Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, and transcripts
Contact for further information: Sarah
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Information: Review of applications will begin November 2, 2020. Applications will be accepted after this date until the position is filled.
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its
ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to
serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed
and encouraged and will receive consideration.