Director of Administration and Budget
Provides strategic leadership and oversight of the operating budget and business services at the regional campuses including Hamilton, Middletown, and West Chester.
Duties include and are not limited to the following:
- Provides integrated leadership and oversight for the operating budget and non-academic business operations at Miami Regionals including Business Services, Mailroom, and Conference Services.
- Advises dean and executive leadership team and provides leadership in budget development by identifying future financial needs, making budget recommendations based on data and evidence-based analysis.
- Oversees accounting performance, implementation and execution.
- Regularly monitors trends in key financial categories, provides reporting and analysis of unit compliance or deviation from financial parameters, and helps academic and non-academic units to interpret their financial data.
- Provides analytical financial data to the Regionals’ Dean and departmental users and works with them to resolve financial issues.
- Serves as HR Liaison between Oxford and Regional Campuses for Labor Relations and disciplinary procedures; investigates HR issues such as Ethics Points complaints; works closely with Oxford HR Department, Academic Personnel and OEEO.
- Oversees and negotiates non-academic contracts at Miami Regionals.
- Approves expenditures between $5,001 - $50,000.
- Provides direction on the use of discretionary and gift funds, in collaboration with the Miami University Foundation and the office of Regional Advancement.
- Supervises employees in Business Services, Mailroom, and Conference Services.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field and 8 years of experience. Good knowledge of fund accounting practices and experience with data reporting platforms. Strong written and oral communication; detail oriented; project management experience; leadership skills; teambuilding. Position is not eligible for H1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with a Master's degree. Experience working in a higher education setting.
Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/497005?lApplicationSubSourceID=. Inquiries may be directed to Ellen Paxton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applications begins on October 14, 2020 and continues until position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Financial Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield