Director Physical Facilities & Operations
Provides integrated leadership and coordinates physical facilities including labor, maintenance, supplies, event management, and security functions at the regional campuses (consisting of the Middletown, Hamilton and West Chester campuses, which comprise 658,000 square feet contained within 24 buildings situated on 260 acres) in order to maintain a safe and functional environment for teaching, learning, and community interactions. Provides direction and leadership in planning for future expansion, renovation, and maintenance projects as well as replacement of mechanicals and other equipment to keep current systems working properly.
Duties include and are not limited to the following:
- Provides integrated leadership for physical facilities services such as maintenance, repair, and renovation of buildings, maintenance of grounds, custodial, security, and event management at the Regionals in order to ensure effective day-to-day operations and efficient resource management
- Provides leadership in researching and planning in order to meet short and long term facility mechanical and space needs, prioritizing tasks based on budget constraints
- Provides supervision of approximately thirty employees at each campus, including providing professional development opportunities, enforcing university policies, and ensuring that work done by subordinates is efficient and effective.
- Provides leadership in estimating needs and purchasing supplies and materials for daily operations and small projects
- Provides technical or specialized information and knowledge pertinent to the physical facilities operations to the CLAAS Dean
- Coordinates the activities of contractors engaged in a wide range of activities performed in support of the campuses including construction, security, maintenance, cleaning, and other specialized or professional services
- Communicates effectively with constituents at the university and divisional levels with regard to planned, ongoing, and completed physical facilities projects at the Regionals.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Facilities Management, or an equivalent field, 8 years of relevant experience with supervisory duties included, project management experience, previous experience working with and managing contractors, strong leadership, team building, and communication skills, knowledge of federal and state safety regulations, knowledge of building mechanical/electrical systems, focus on quality and continuous improvement. Position is not eligible for H1B sponsorship.
Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/497004?lApplicationSubSourceID=. Inquiries may be directed to Bob Davis at email@example.com. Screening of applications begins on October 15, 2020 and continues until position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.