Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Data Science, Department of Library and Information Science
Position in Data Science
Department of Library and Information Science
Rutgers University - School of Communication and Information
We seek applications for one tenure-track position in the area of Data Science, from candidates who complement the strengths of our existing faculty and will fully engage with research, teaching, and administration.
The ideal candidate's scholarship in Data Science would focus in areas such as:
- designing artificial intelligence (AI) approaches for social good, with a particular focus on applications relating to communication, information, and media.
- developing human-centered machine learning in the context of issues of ethics, such as fairness, accountability, transparency, explainability, inequity, and the social impact of algorithms.
- computational social science – including developing data science methods to understand human behavior, to inform scientific inquiry, to aid theory development, and to support causal inferences.
- natural language processing – including deep learning approaches for language analysis, computational persuasion, and conversational AI.
- network science – including data intensive approaches to understand social networks, social contagion, and network dynamics.
The successful applicant will teach courses in areas such as data analytics, machine learning, social network analysis and natural language processing in an iSchool context. We especially invite candidates who will take leadership roles in our highly ranked Master of Information (MI), our rapidly growing Information Technology and Informatics (ITI) undergraduate major, and our inter-disciplinary Ph.D. program. We are a charter member of the iSchool caucus. We are currently in an exciting period of transformation and growth as we form a hub for data science across departments at Rutgers University.
Rutgers University's School of Communication and Information houses a dynamic and engaged community of scholars whose fields of library and information science, communication, and journalism and media studies intersect to address society’s challenges. For more about the School, see comminfo.rutgers.edu. For queries regarding the position, please contact the Search Committee Chair Vivek Singh, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Qualifications: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in a relevant field is expected as of June 2021. Applicants should have a demonstrated record or strong likelihood of top-tier peer-reviewed publications and evidence of or preparation for effective teaching.
Requirements: Responsibilities of tenure-track faculty members include undergraduate and graduate teaching assignments, an active program of research in the candidate’s area of scholarly expertise, and service contributions in accordance with the university policy for tenure‐track and tenured appointments.
For detailed information and to submit an application: Applications should address the points above and clearly articulate the candidate’s fit to specific departmental and school‐wide research foci. Please include a letter of application, CV, three representative publications, a research statement, a teaching statement, and names and contact information for three referees (no letters at this time). Priority review of applications will begin on November 1, 2020. Apply at https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/120336.
Rutgers University is an AA/EEO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. For additional information please see our Non-Discrimination Statement at http://uhr.rutgers.edu/non-discrimination-statement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in New Brunswick