Full-Time Commissioned Security Officer
Full-Time Commissioned Security Officer
Posting Number: 0000958
PS Position#: 00001088
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $25,751 - $28,326 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, A13. Starting salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Commissioned Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of persons including Lee College employees, students, guests of/and visitors to the campus; the protection of college property, including buildings, grounds, equipment and other assets of the college. The Commissioned Security Officer will provide assistance in emergency situations or conditions, and take action appropriate to the crisis situation within legal limits of the department's authority. This position reports to the Security Captain, Security Sergeants, and Corporals.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry a firearm and respond to situations
- Patrol campus grounds and building, either by foot or in an
authorized college vehicle checking doors, windows, gates, etc. to
ensure that they are secured.
- Patrol campus parking areas on a regular schedule.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls; respond to
requests for assistance regarding lost or stolen property,
break-ins, vandalism, etc.
- Contact emergency personnel (i.e., 9-1-1, Baytown Police
Department, ambulance service, etc.) when necessary.
- Observe, report, and correct any irregular and unusual
conditions and/or safety hazards on campus.
- Investigate and maintain incident reports of all occurrences
and completes daily activities reports.
- Assist all persons in complying with college regulations and
rules of conduct on campus.
- Provide security coverage for college functions as
- Provide crowd control when necessary and/or as
- Pick up and transport deposits to the bank when
- Provide courteous assistance for faculty, staff, students, and
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of information exposed in the course
- Contribute to a safe educational and working environment by participating in all drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out established procedures for opening and locking campus
buildings, offices, classrooms, etc.
- Provide security escort when needed or as assigned.
- Maintain and monitor campus video security system.
- Maintain First Aid certifications as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits are available with this full-time position.
- Equipment and uniforms provided.
- Paid training
- Paid holiday, vacation and sick time
- Tuition assistance available
- Medical and basic life insurances provided; other insurance
options available to employees
- Overtime available
This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least one (1) year of previous security, law
enforcement, correctional, or military experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean
- Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment and
periodic times during your employment
- Subject to a drug/alcohol test prior to employment and periodic
times during your employment
- Subject to a psychological exam prior to employment
- Must possess a Level III Commissioned Security Officer
Certification from the State of Texas
- Must pass basic reading and writing exam
- Must be available to work flexible schedule, including days,
nights, weekends, and holiday hours as needed
- Must be able and willing to carry a firearm and required to
handle firearm in a safe and effective manner
- Must have ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Must have skill in problem solving and conflict resolution
- Three (3) years of previous security, law enforcement, correctional, or military experience
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location: May be assigned work at different campus locations
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following document: resume and copies of license/certification.
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6144
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.