Special Education Collaborative Teacher Education, Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction in the School of Education at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) invites applications for an Assistant Professor tenure-track position. We seek a candidate in the field of Special Education Collaborative Teacher Education with visionary leadership to guide and lead the growth of our programs through excellence in the areas of teaching, service, and scholarship. Duties will include engaging in appropriate scholarly activities such as grants, presentations, research and publications in refereed journals, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, providing service to the university and the profession, working collaboratively with faculty and administrators to meet accreditation requirements, and developing university/school partnerships to enhance programs.
Faculty in the School of Education are committed to preparing professionals to work with diverse populations of young and adult learners, from both urban and rural settings, as well as culturally and linguistically diverse populations. Our programs aim to develop leaders who will meet the varied needs of educators, teacher candidates, administrators, counselors, families, and children. The faculty work diligently to prepare effective and highly skilled teachers within the field of Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Reading, School Psychometry, and Special Education.
UAB ranks in the top 15 public universities for federal research funding and is the major teaching-research university in the state. UAB ranks in the top ten nationally for student diversity, with over one hundred countries represented on campus. Birmingham is the largest city in Alabama and offers a vibrant cultural community with a wide array of recreational opportunities.
- An earned Doctorate in one or more of the Special Education fields, or an anticipated earned Doctorate in one or more of the Special Education fields by August 2021
- Demonstrated potential for maintaining an active research and publication agenda
- Three or more years of public school teaching experience in one or more of the special education fields
- Successful teaching experience at the college level
- Successful teaching experience with diverse populations
- Strong collaboration skills with university colleagues and public school districts
- Experience with on-line and other technology-assisted instruction
- Experience with grant writing or management
- Knowledge of the accreditation process
- Knowledge of edTPA
Application will be made by submitting a complete and current Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter, at least three professional reference http://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/6468 to apply. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.