Business and Hospitality Management Faculty
Paul Smith’s College, a private, teaching-focused, career-oriented undergraduate institution, is committed to experiential learning that blends theory, practice, small classes, and individual attention. Located just minutes from northern New York’s world-class resort destination of Lake Placid and the Olympic region, the College has a long and distinguished history of excellence in experiential learning. The faculty at Paul Smith’s College are primarily teaching faculty, devoted to the enrichment of students’ lives both in and out of the classroom.
Paul Smith’s College seeks candidates for a full-time, academic-year appointment to the faculty in the Business and Hospitality Management Department. The ideal candidate will have a combination of management education and professional experience in one or more of the department’s programs (Business Management, Entrepreneurial Studies, Sports Management, Communication and Hospitality Management). Growing the new Sports Management tracks within the program is of particular interest. The candidate will have the ability to utilize this experience to deliver learning in an experiential manner through the use of project-based learning, software simulations and client assignments. Strong interpersonal skills are a must, as are the abilities to work well on teams and to communicate effectively with colleagues, students, and external constituencies. Academic rank is open and will be determined by qualifications and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teaching a full range of business courses from general accounting and finance to industry-specific management.
- Preparing and maintaining programs for continuous professional development and enhancement of industry relations, including current and potential internship sites.
- Assessing and improving student learning.
- Contributing to curriculum planning and development.
- Managing and /or assisting with special projects, recruitment initiatives, and campus events including, but not limited to orientation programs, open houses, and community service activities.
- Active participation with school and college committees
- A Masters in Business Administration or one of the related fields of Entrepreneurial Studies, Sports Management, Communication or Hospitality Management.
- A background of professional experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully work and advance in a commercial environment at a supervisory or managerial level.
- Digital literacy in software and internet applications related to the aforementioned industries.
- A demonstrated ability to disseminate information to a diverse group in an engaging, experiential manner.
- A record of success in a team environment.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- PhD in a related field.
- Post-secondary teaching experience, including the use of computer applications for classroom instruction.
Applicants should complete the on-line application and submit a letter of intent, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Paul Smith’s College values diversity in the College community and seeks to assure equal opportunity through its continued Affirmative Action program. Women, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V