Assistant Professor/Nursing Tenure Track
For a full job description and to apply, please visit our jobsite at http://jobs.fitchburgstate.edu
Responsibilities include teaching in a dynamic nursing program in the undergraduate curriculum with classroom, clinical and simulation responsibilities. Participation in curriculum development and program evaluation; academic advising; engagement in scholarly activities and other department initiatives.
- Teaching workload (24 semester hours of credit of instruction per school year), and preparation for classroom instruction.
- Teaching nursing content to undergraduate nursing majors. This includes an average of 4-6 hours of class/lectures per week and two days a week of clinical supervision in on-campus labs and/or in hospital and outpatient settings.
- Provide student assistance including academic advising.
- Participate in curriculum review and development, program reviews and student outcomes assessment.
- Attend university functions, including commencement; convocation; and faculty, committee and departmental meetings.
- Participate on university committees as assigned.
- Participate in scheduled orientation and registration programs.
- Continuing scholarship and professional activities, which may include contribution to the content of the discipline, participation in or contribution to professional organizations and societies, public service and contributions to the professional growth and development of the university community.
- Opportunities to teach summer, winter term, online and undergraduate and graduate evening courses.
- An earned doctorate preferred, although candidates currently enrolled in doctoral programs may be considered.
- Specialty in Mental Health Nursing preferred
- Online course development and teaching experience a plus.
- College teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to teach nursing content to undergraduate nursing students.
- Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching.
- Experience in simulation.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, demonstrated teaching experience appropriate to the level of appointment, and evidence of scholarly/creative activity.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body.
- Experience serving, and/or research related to diverse, multi-cultural populations is preferred.
- Ability to perform research and publication that will engage undergraduate students.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a check by the Criminal History Systems Board (CORI) as well as a completed background check satisfactory to the university.
- Ability to perform all duties with or without reasonable accommodations.