Associate Dean of Arts & Sciences
ASSOCIATE DEAN OF ARTS & SCIENCES
Job ID 2843
ANNOUNCEMENT: Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for the full-time administrative position of Associate Dean of Arts & Sciences. This is a new position with an anticipated start date of January 2021.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: In accordance with the Mission and Values of Southwestern Illinois College, the primary responsibility of the Associate Dean is to support the Dean in the oversight and management of the division by facilitating key functions aligned with the college mission and special initiatives. This includes processes such as effective communication; student, faculty, & staff recruitment; quality programming/instruction to support student learning and retention. On behalf of the Dean, this position provides direction for the faculty and staff within the division and collaborates with departments throughout the institution to meet our goals.
- Terminal degree appropriate to the division assigned within a closely related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Postsecondary teaching experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience as an administrator, department chair, program coordinator, supervisor, teacher, or comparable experience in education, business or industry, with preference given to community college experience.
- Experience in online education is required.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and quality improvement programs preferred.
- Successful experience in staffing, evaluation and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience with learning outcomes assessment systems.
- Demonstrated experience with program-level review and/or accreditation preferred.
- In career program divisions, at least one year (2,000 hours) of employment outside of education in an occupation other than teaching or counseling may also be required.
SALARY: Grade 7 on the Administrative Salary Scale, ranging from $82,232 to $95,539 per year. The college offers a comprehensive flexible benefit program.
WORK LOCATION: Belleville Campus with district-wide responsibilities for the administration of the functions of the assigned Instructional Division.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This position will remain open until filled.
You must submit a cover letter, resume, list of three references and college transcripts.
Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account.
Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator