Senior Research Coordinator
The Senior Research Coordinator for the Center for Cell and Gene Therapy will assist the Principal Investigators (PI) in conducting oncology clinical trials at the Houston Methodist Hospital. The Sr. Research Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of daily activities on research studies which will include the scheduling, screening, enrollment, randomizing and monitoring of research patients. The Sr. Research Coordinator will work closely with the PIs, regulatory staff, investigational pharmacies and the sponsors to ensure the research studies are performed in accordance with federal regulations, sponsors' guidelines and departmental policies.
- Serves as the primary study coordinator for assigned sponsored and/or investigator-initiated protocols.
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients for research studies.
- Educates patients and the clinical staff on research studies and procedures.
- Develops research folders for assigned protocols to outline guidelines for protocol compliance and to assure complete source documentation.
- Reviews research budgets prior to activation and recommends strategies for the workflow of the study.
- May perform EKGs/ECG’s on study patients as directed by the research protocol.
- Collects, processes, ships, and maintains paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures in the research protocol.
- Schedules tests and procedures such as laboratory tests and x-rays for the research patients.
- Retrieves and submits test results to the appropriate party.
- Corresponds with research patients throughout study.
- Responsible for quality assurance audits and monitor visits.
- Orders research supplies and equipment.
- Schedules and directs the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Maintains investigational drug dispensing accountability and shipping logs according to protocol guidelines.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: Five years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Experience in managing oncology studies.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.