Patient Accounts Representative II/ Appeals and Denials
The position requires an experienced collector that understands AR follow up. The collector should have knowledge of how to appeal a denied claim and check status of a claim by payer website or placing a telephone call to the payer.
- Call insurance companies or access payer website for claim status, appeal status on denied claims and payment reimbursement.
- Expedite and maximize payment of insurance medical claims by contacting the patients or insurance companies concerning unpaid accounts receivables via telephone or online systems.
- Follow up on outstanding accounts and make proper notations (updating insurance information, using correct activity codes) in the Epic system.
- Investigate & resolve denials, unpaid accounts, partially paid accounts and requests for information, including appeals.
- Review invoices to verify payments accurate contractual adjustments.
- Update patient information and file medical claims with correct information, via electronic or paper submission.
- Assist with inquiries from outside parties regarding account status.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Candidate should have experience in AR follow up, speaking with the insurance company reps for claim status. They should have experience with accessing the payer website for claim information. The candidate should have experience in submitting an appeal for reimbursement.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston