Patient Accounts Representative II/ Appeals and Denials
Expedites and maximizes payment of insurance medical claims by contacting third party payers and patients.
- Expedites and maximizes payment of insurance medical claims by contacting insurance payers and patients by telephone or website
- Assists with inquiries from outside parties regarding account status.
- Reviews invoices to verify payments and contractual adjustments.
- Resolves all denials, and requests for information, including appeals.
- Follows up on outstanding accounts and makes proper notations in EPIC system.
- May provide guidance and technical work direction to less experienced Patient Account Representatives.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of directly related experience.
- Knowledge of Epic system.
- Knowledge of Anesthesia follow-up.
- Knowledge of Medical insurance AR follow-up and collection practices.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston