Administrative Asst III
Posting Number 2021029 Posting/Functional Title Administrative Assistant III University Pay Plan Title Administrative Asst III Location San Marcos Department VP for Finance & Support Services Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $2,900 Job Category Non-Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
Current relevant experience in office management and administration.
Experience in basic bookkeeping to prepare and monitor various accounting documents.
Experience with Microsoft 365, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
Skill in proofreading and preparing grammatically correct documents.
Experience in scheduling and setting up conference rooms for various meetings and events.
Experience with University software systems: SAP, SAPGUI, GATO, AIM
Experience in prioritizing workload to manage multiple projects and complete within established deadlines.
Experience in working as a team member and interact with others in a courteous manner using good judgment and initiative.
Knowledge of Texas State University policies and procedures.
Responsible for providing administrative and general clerical support to the Office of Vice President for Finance and Support Services. The primary responsibility is for daily administrative operations of the VPFSS office which includes, but not limited to general clerical, receptionist, answering phones, filing, data entry etc. Event planning, coordinating, and troubleshooting is key. Some evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
Perform receptionist duties for Vice President’s office. Answer telephones, screen calls, and direct callers to appropriate persons. Greet visitors and direct to appropriate persons. Pick up, open, date, route and distribute mail.
Scheduling, setting up, and preparing the 11th floor of JCK and JCK 922 for meetings, workshops, luncheons, and various other events. Coordinate events between the requester and UPD, caterer, Materials Management, and Parking Services.
Reconcile monthly expenditures for VPFSS accounts using computerized accounting system and Excel spreadsheets, reconcile monthly P-Card statements.
Perform advanced administrative support functions for Division office; i.e., correspondence, filing, gather information, and compile data as needed for events and meetings.
Prepare and process travel applications, purchase requisitions, payment requests, invoices, and vouchers and arrangements including car rentals, registrations, airline and hotel reservations.
Order office supplies, publications, equipment, etc. as needed.
Documented filing system and tracking document system ( PCR, SAP, Security Form, Payment Requests, Travel Application/Vouchers, Invoices, etc.)
Make updates to FSS website including the Roster of Councils and Committees and assist with tracking division policies and procedures.
Observe discretion with sensitive, confidential, and privileged or other information obtained in the course of performing job functions.
Be willing to serve as an FSS representative on divisional council and committees.
Take lead on hiring and training of student employees.
Additional Information to Applicants
Skills testing in proofreading, typing, and Excel with be required.
Job Open Date 09/30/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 10/24/2020 Open Until Filled No Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33859 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Financial Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos