Careers At Sidwell Friends School
Welcome to the Human Resources Department at Sidwell Friends School. Sidwell Friends prides itself in offering a high quality educational experience to those who will lead the next generation. To that end, we are seeking qualified individuals with the knowledge, skills and abilities to enhance the student experience at Sidwell Friends. We encourage you to review the job postings below and to contact us for additional information.
Classroom Facilitators Department: Middle School/Upper School Location: Washington, DC
Position Start Date: November 2020
Status: Full-Time or Part-Time
Sidwell Friends School, a coeducational Quaker day school with campuses in NW Washington, DC and Bethesda, MD is seeking Classroom Facilitators with potential openings in supporting grades 7-12. These positions provide support and supervision of students in the classroom while the teacher is teaching remotely. Responsibilities will include monitoring a class while a teacher instructs remotely, or supervising students during lunch and recess periods. Facilitators will coordinate with teachers as needed to manage classes and materials.
There is the potential for both full-time and part-time schedules. The Classroom Facilitator will be responsible for:
- Creating a warm, welcoming and safe environment for
- Facilitate classroom activities in the event a teacher is
- Supervising students in person, in groups of 10-12 students on
our Northwest DC campus, in grades 7-12.
- Manage classroom, including attendance and helping students
adhere to social distancing guidelines, health and safety
protocols, and classroom expectations
- Interact positively and develop supportive relationships with
- Aid with setting up basic classroom technology for remote
students and teachers
- Supervising and engaging students during downtime
- Supervise students during lunch period, monitor hallways, and
other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will possess at least a high school diploma and prior experience working with children; bachelors level course work is a plus. Additional qualifications include strong technology skills (experience working with various educational platforms is highly desired), organization and communication skills, flexibility, patience, sense of humor, and a demonstrated love for working with young children and their families.
This position is temporary and can be half-day or full-day. The full-day schedule could vary, but will likely be Monday through Friday from 7:45 am -3:45 pm. The position begins in mid-October. Successful candidates will need to be able to successfully complete all background checking requirements at the time of hire, routine testing for COVID-19 as well as adherence to all health and safety protocols associated with working on campus. Current CPR/AED certification is required.
Applicants should upload a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references via our on-line application.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.