Vacancy Number: F-00236 Position Title: Biology Lecturer Classification Title: Faculty Department: Biology Employment Type: Full-Time Minimum Qualifications:
Candidates must have earned a M.S. in an area of Biology. A minimum of 18 semester hours of appropriate biology courses is required. 3-5 years’ experience teaching at the post-secondary level
Job Open Date: 08/03/2020 Job Close Date: Quick Link http://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4305 Position Profile Link
School: College of Arts and Sciences Contract Type: Nine (9) Months Tenure Track: No Salary Band: N/A Special Instructions to Applicant:
The Department of Biology and Environmental Science at Auburn University at Montgomery strives to maintain a teaching staff with a diverse arrange of interests within our field of study so that our students have the best education possible. As a Lecturer at our institution, you would be responsible for coordinating and teaching several introductory and upper division courses, namely freshman biology and anatomy and physiology. As a member of our team, you will also have a chance to mentor the next generation of our department’s best scholars.
• Teach several engaging courses within your field of study, including choosing the reading material where appropriate, creating assignments and arranging a syllabus. The teaching load for this position is 24 hours/academic year.
• Present stellar lectures to undergraduate students that inspire strong discussions and keep students interested.
• Conduct office hours on a regular basis to provide time for students to come and talk with you about their grades, assignments and other issues.
• Grade assignments and ensure that all students remain in compliance with the department’s policy on academic integrity, including checking for any cheating and/or plagiarism.
• Develop strong relationships with colleagues within the department and throughout the institution for an enhanced learning environment that values interdisciplinary study.
• Participate in service to the department, college, and university.
Job Skills & Qualifications
Candidates must have earned a M.S. in an area of Biology. A minimum of 18 semester hours of appropriate biology courses is required. 3-5 years’ experience teaching at the post-secondary level.
Applicants should apply online at http://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4305 where they will be asked to submit electronically a cover letter and curriculum vitae. In addition, the committee will require contact information for three references.
For more information you may visit the above website or contact:
Dr. Chelsea Ward
Chair, Department of Biology
Auburn University Montgomery
Department of Biology
P.O. Box 244023
Montgomery, AL 36124-4023
Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts will be required from individuals selected to interview for the position. The selection process will include a reference check and employment will require passing a pre-employment background screening at the University’s expense.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional Reference Sheet
- Additional Transcript(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).