Director of Office for Distance Learning
Vacancy Number: S-00631 Position Title: Director of Office for Distance Learning Classification Title: Director Department: Chancellor's Office Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Growth of Online Programs:
• Assist the University with the growth of online programs
• Assist in development of marketing efforts for AUM Online
• Provide consultation for the design, development, implementation and evaluation of distance education projects, programs and initiatives.
• Collaborate with head of the department in budget development and oversight for online programs;
• Work with all AUM colleges to maintain and update all online course offerings for different partnership initiatives.
• Submit required reports to appropriate offices as requested
2. Coordination and implementation of instructional design projects from inception to completion:
• Oversee projects handled by Instructional Support & Design personnel
• Ensure compliance with licensing and copyright laws and regulations.
• Develop and oversees implementation of Distance Learning student and faculty support services;
• Develop and oversee faculty development related to distance learning;
• Collaborate with academic departments and external agencies (Business, governments and industry) to identify and provide quality distance education opportunities.
3. Quality of online programs and courses:
• Identify emerging trends and conduct needs analyses that offer opportunities for new programming and service.
• Design, develop and deliver on-line training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning;
• Lead the adoption of Quality Matters Standards for AUM Online offering
• Oversee the adoption of technology solutions to meet faculty/staff specifications
4. Enrollment in online programs:
• Coordinate with Enrollment Management to manage enrollment strategies for all online programs and course offerings.
5. Faculty Development Institute Activities:
• Coordinate online instructor certification program under the Faculty Development Institute.
• Maintain currency in the profession through seminars and workshops
• Schedule and coordinate all training sessions each semester (both online and face – to- face). The training sessions include Lunch and Learn and New Faculty Orientation for both new full time and adjunct.
• Facilitate collaborative initiatives with academic and support units across campus that foster best practices in online and distance learning
6. Assist in coordinating monthly meetings and agenda for Online Learning Advisory Team
7. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of instructional technologies
Knowledge of training room and environment maintenance
Knowledge of design content for a blended approach to training, supplementing live and virtual classroom courses with self-paced modules to motivate busy sales professionals to listen and apply learning.
Knowledge of application testing and instructional design theories, practice and methods
Ability to lead instructional design teams in the development of course materials
Ability to remain abreast of emerging instructional technologies
Ability to respond to multiple competing demands
Ability to consult with clients, subject matter experts, and associates across all levels of the organization to uncover business needs, understand content complexities, and develop appropriate learning objectives that align with the organizational goals and training needs
Ability to review/revise the work of others
Ability to supervise a team of individuals
Ability to develop and maintain relationships with others
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution with a major in information technology, computer science, instructional technology, distance learning or a related field.
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and skill in the area of integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
• Minimum Five years of experience that includes instructional design, curriculum development, web development and/or post-secondary teaching.
• Demonstrated ability to think “outside the box” and to lead and manage change in a positive and inclusive manner and work effectively with a diverse student population.
• Demonstrated experience in a large multi-campus higher education institution with a commitment to equity.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
• Ph.D., from an accredited institution with a major in information technology, computer science, instructional technology, distance learning or a related field.
Job Open Date: 08/17/2020 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 108 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Quick Link http://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4326 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have any of your job descriptions in the past included
designing or assisting in the designing of online courses for
higher education faculty (other than designing courses for
- * Have you ever worked for a higher education institution in an
administrative capacity (not as a faculty member or a student
- * Do you have a doctorate degree from an accredited higher
- * List and describe the jobs you have held at a higher
education institution that involve immediate, formal supervision of
at least 2 people.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your vision for online learning and teaching
at your current institution.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe in few words, how you are involved in online program
or online course evaluation at your present institution.
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery