Collaborative Partnership Programs Coordinator
Vacancy Number: S-00633 Position Title: Collaborative Partnership Programs Coordinator Classification Title: Coordinator Department: Chancellor's Office Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
•Assist the Special Assistant to the Chancellor with planning and executing internal and external events and conferences.
• Assist the Special Assistant to the Chancellor with collaborative partnership efforts.
• Hosts professional conferences for Office of Collaborative Partnerships and Distance Education.
• Research and explore the addition of new professional conferences to meet the needs of the business community in the River Region.
• Coordinate the AUM Business Breakfast Series.
• Develop, plan, implement and oversee seminars/conferences organized by the office to include the AUM Business Breakfast series.
• Secure sponsors for conferences and events to ensure top quality of the event.
• Assist the Special Assistant to the Chancellor to schedule meetings as needed to explore collaborative opportunities with Community Colleges, School district and other Educational Institutions, including military partners.
•Track customers/clients with the referrals made to the business breakfast and conference series.
• Engage faculty, staff at AUM and other Educational institutions, Industry and Business partners in conferences, consulting, training, and other activities organized by Office of Collaborative Partnerships to enhance the services provided.
• Develop ideas for new initiatives to improve processes, increase efficiency, and enhance services.
• Support office-wide initiatives designed to improve the overall functioning of the organization and ensure division employees take steps to make necessary changes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Expert knowledge of program/project management practices
Knowledge of applicable university practices and procedures
Knowledge of applicable state and federal rules and regulations for higher education
Knowledge of budgeting principles and practices
Knowledge of best practices concerning event planning
Written communication skills
Problem analysis skills
Ability to plan events
Ability to speak in public, lead small group meetings, and make presentations
Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and respond to multiple competing demands
Ability to use a computer and relevant software applications
Ability to manage project activities and the work of others
Ability to coordinate the work of others, including other managers
Ability to supervise
A Bachelor’s degree (a Master’s degree is preferred) and five (5) years of related work experience is required. Additional education in related field may be substituted for experience.
Job Open Date: 08/17/2020 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 105 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Quick Link http://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4330 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery