Tutoring Services Coordinator
Vacancy Number: S-00649 Position Title: Tutoring Services Coordinator Classification Title: Coordinator Department: Student Success and Retention Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruit and hire peer tutors in a wide range of disciplines including math, computer science, biological sciences, chemistry, physics, accounting, economics, psychology, and writing across all disciplines.
• Train tutors in best practices for both online and remote tutoring in all disciplines being tutored
• Build tutoring schedules each semester to ensure essential subjects are staffed with appropriate content experts
• Build resource documents linking tutors to their courses to facilitate scheduling
• Analyze tutoring data and run reports to indicate tutoring center usage
• Recruit, hire, and train front desk assistant student workers who are responsible for scheduling tutoring appointments
• Participate in campus recruiting and orientation events to advertise services
• Develop online study materials for students
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Program management
• Program evaluation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Leadership skills
• Ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to speak in public and run both small and large training events
Required: Bachelor’s degree and experience in Education
Preferred: Master’s degree and experience in Higher Education
Job Open Date: 09/11/2020 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 105 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
While this position is opened until filled, Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4400 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery