Program Manager Continuing Education
Program Manager Continuing Education
4800 Preston Park Blvd,, Courtyard Campus
Plano, Texas, 75093
We are searching for an experienced Program Manager Continuing Education
Develop, plan, and schedule continuing education courses and programs. Collaborate with the Continuing Education team for operation and evaluation of courses of instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate Continuing Education courses.
- Recruit, interview, hire, evaluate, develop, and assign Continuing Education instructors.
- Coordinate with the Continuing Education team in the planning, operation, and evaluation of all continuing education programs/courses respective to individual program areas.
- Determine and/or assess new continuing education classes to be offered in the Schedule of Classes.
- Prepare course listings and write course descriptions for entry in the schedule building program according to the production time line.
- Oversee classroom/instructional materials needs for all classes.
- Advise students for new and continuing programs and classes. Advise and assist students with registration of classes. Assess student level of proficiency for Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced classes and answer general questions about CE programs and classes.
- Assist faculty in developing course needs and special topics forms, syllabi and other materials needed for brochures and marketing.
- Secure all necessary information to ensure (technical) courses for coordinating Board approval are completed.
- Assess and determine training needs within the community for individuals and businesses. Review and analyze statistical data to determine or recommend changes in service, promotion, distribution, and cost of a course or program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures, and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years of experience required.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution and five (5) years of experience preferred.
One (1) year of supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of course technical content
- Knowledge of local resources and market
- Knowledge of computers and databases
- Knowledge of Workforce Education Course Manual (WECM)
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision
- Knowledge of CE policies and procedures
- Technical writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Researching skills
- Customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to properly evaluate and specify technical course resources
- Ability to maintain knowledge of community and business resources, market demands/trends in all program/course areas
- Ability to review and analyze data
- Ability to market and promote continuing education
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney