Aviation Recruiter (PART-TIME)
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. The recruiter in Aviation & Safety will act as a liaison between school, community and the industry to increase enrollment and provide opportunities for internships and placement of graduates.
- Work in collaboration with the Office of Admissions and the Director of Outreach and Academic Development.
- Visit middle, high school and technical centers to recruit student to attend FMU’s Aviation & Safety programs.
- Attend and represent FMU at career fairs.
- Coordinate recruitment events.
- Coordinate visits and events with students and alumni.
- Post activities and points of interest on social media outlets.
- Schedule tours of the campus and department.
- Assist in the development of promotional and collateral
- Work with business partners and employers to coordinate internship processes and follow up for students.
- Must have their own transportation. Must be able to travel independently throughout Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Organizational skills – scheduling, coordinating and implementing
- Understanding of the use of social media
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Public speaking
- Presentations to small and large groups
- Dynamic personality who is not afraid of speaking to people
- Positive attitude
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree in aviation, marketing or related field with 2 years directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Aviation experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Not specified Part Time jobs in Miami Gardens