Assistant Director of Compliance
Job Title Assistant Director of Compliance Posting Number S838P Classification Title
Assist and support the Associate Director of Athletics/Director of Compliance in developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive and effective athletic compliance program by providing a professional service of monitoring, interpreting, analyzing, and evaluating athletic department activities intended to support NCAA, Western Athletic Conference, and University rules and to prevent, detect, and respond appropriately to violations of applicable athletic rules and regulations. Responsible for administrative and some clerical functions of administering the Athletics Compliance Office. This will occur by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain absolute integrity and confidentiality
2. Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
3. Ability to consistently perform in a fast-paced, demanding environment; ability to consistently multi-task at a high level on a day-to-day basis. Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
4. Perform administrative and clerical duties as assigned and as needed to assist with efficient functioning of the Compliance Office i.e. assist with the preparation of forms
5. Develop and maintain positive relationships/interact with campus/local community and Conference office
6. Manage and monitor team files/documents including, but not limited to Eligibility Reports, ARMS database (all facets), monitoring forms, declaration of playing and practice seasons, recruiting, official and unofficial visits, financial aid, and squad lists
7. Collect and document weekly monitoring forms that detail countable hours, in compliance with NCAA bylaws.
8. Assist in the research and preparation for rules education meetings, formulating policies as needed.
9. Oversee and coordinate student-athlete exit interviews.
10. Responsible for the completion of any information required in the NCAA Transfer Portal
11. Monitor institutional transfers relative to APR verification.
12. Manage the student-athlete files in accordance with NCAA and FERPA requirements.
13. Facilitate communication and correspondence with other institutions to gather information to assist with academics and athletics eligibility (e.g. tracer forms).
14. Assess and monitor recruiting activities such as official and unofficial visits by prospective student-athletes and their guests, and coaches’ recruiting activities Determine if official visit documentation satisfies regulations. Ensure there is appropriate documentation for all recruiting activities.
15. Research, compile data, generate reports and submit waivers to Conference and/or NCAA .
16. Serve on the Athletics Compliance Committee; serve as Committee Secretary
17. Assist with development and maintenance of Booster Brochure, Compliance Manual, Recruiting Guide, Student-Athlete Handbook, Camp Manual, Operations Manual.
18. Assist with the complimentary ticket process and other ongoing forms in the Compliance Office.
19. Communicate with coaches and staff regarding required documentation.
20. Coordinate and facilitate Eligibility Center reports
21. Expeditiously respond to all verbal and written correspondence from coaches, staff, student-athletes and campus community
22. Assess and monitor athletic camps and clinics including reviewing employment, attendance, and other camp-related activities. Ensure there is appropriate documentation for all camp and clinic related issues as necessary
23. Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
24. Serve as Student Athlete Advisory Committee Advisor.
25. Assist with EADA, NCAA Financial Report and Sport Sponsorship reports for NCAA as directed by the Director of Compliance
26. Establish a safe environment for student-athletes
27. Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations, attend NCAA conferences as required
28. Ability to travel, including domestic/international air travel, and work nights/weekends
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Able to be a positive representative of the University at all times.
Basic knowledge of athletics.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and/or three to five years’ related experience and/or training at the NCAA level; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 09/30/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6036 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Legal Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside