Administrative Assistant - (STA006485)
Provides administrative staff support to a university executive. Organizes and coordinates activities of the unit.
- Drafts correspondence, memoranda, speeches, position papers,
program/grant proposals and other written documentation.
- Assists in organizing activities of the unit, such as retreats,
staff development, committee appointments, internship programs,
awards ceremonies, etc.
- Serves on committees and task forces as a representative of the
- Responds to information requests from internal and external
agencies and offices and conducts research to assist in policy and
- May collect information, and write and edit newsletter or news
bulletins for the unit.
- Participates in special projects and prepares a variety of
statistical reports as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.