Program Coordinator II, Skaggs School of Pharmacy
The College of Health invites applications for the position of Program Coordinator II. This position will serve as a program coordinator for the Skaggs School of Pharmacy (SSOP), and assistant to the SSOP Dean.
The responsibilities for this position include:
Assistant to the Dean of the Skaggs School of Pharmacy
- Coordinates and attends monthly SSOP faculty meetings, and prepares and disseminates materials including agenda items
- Serves as a recorder of minutes during monthly SSOP Faculty meetings and posts minutes on the newly created folder in Box and retain minutes for future reference
- Coordinates and attends annual meetings with the SSOP External Advisory Board (Board of Visitors), disseminates materials including agenda items
- Organizes Annual Pettinato Lecture reception for Alumni, Students, Faculty and Board of Visitors
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the Dean
- Coordinates meetings with faculty, staff, administrators and external partners for the Dean
- Enters expenses and travel paperwork into GrizMart, and makes purchases for the SSOP Dean’s Office
- Assists the SSOP Dean and Directors with the collection of school-wide data in the development of Interim Reports and Self Study Reports for program accreditation with the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Assists in communicating with alumni and donors for the SSOP with Alumni Office (e.g. Dean’s update, Newsletter)
- Participates in weekly meetings with the Dean, and provides additional administrative assistance as requested by the Dean
- Establishes and maintain productive working relationships with the Departments of Pharmacy Practice and Biomedical & Pharmaceutical Sciences
Program Support to the Director of Academic Affairs and Assessment in the SSOP.
- Assists with maintaining and collecting assessment data in E*Value database and software; this involves modification of information in the E*Value protocols (adding/removing faculty advisors, double-checking that the students put the correct event in for credit)
- Derives updated data off E*Value related to students’ completed assignments from interprofessional education and co-curricular events
- Participates in weekly meetings with the Director discussing data and planning next steps
Program Coordinator for the SOP graduate programs in BMED
- Works closely with the Chair of Biomedical & Pharmaceutical Sciences Department, the graduate program directors for MS & PhD programs in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Design, Medicinal Chemistry, and Toxicology
- Serves as the primary initial contact for all questions related to graduate program application, admissions, and acceptance for prospective and current students
- Assists in the recruitment of high-quality graduate students including the development of recruitment materials for publication and the web
- Utilizes Cascade to maintain websites for the School of Pharmacy
- Maintains applicant files and collates application information for each candidate including collecting information from various sources (i.e. DataPortal for general application, Banner for GRE and TOEFL scores)
- Organizes materials and events for the BMED recruits during the multi-disciplinary interview weekend (communicating with interview candidates, arrange travel, create itineraries, plan events, etc.)
- Utilizes GrizMart for travel and meeting expense reimbursement
- Creates communications to notify admission acceptances and rejections with the graduate program directors and to the Graduate School
- Maintains all aspects of active graduate student files by tracking progress and ensuring completion of all requirements (e.g. comprehensive qualifying exams, prospectus defense, dissertation and/or thesis defense) to move towards graduation utilizing Excel spreadsheets
- Writes academic year and summer contracts for stipends and tuition waivers, coordinates with appropriate accounting personnel at the department level and in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Communicates with students with a customer-service orientation
- Tracks post-graduate alumni information
Program Support for the SSOP Student Services team
- Creates the exam schedule for the P1, P2 and P3 PharmD students
- Updates the BMED, PHAR and AHHS courses each year
- Helps the Student Services Administrative Associate with the capacity updates of each pharmacy laboratory & integrated studies.
- Assists with pulling grades in at the end of each semester
- Assists with Pharmacy interviews each Fall, as well as the White Coat Ceremony (e.g. lab coats ironing, assistance with live event)
- Assists with stuffing acceptance packages
- Maintains the reservation calendar system and input all courses into the calendar.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of UM specific databases (including BANNER, UMDW, DataPortal, GrizMart, CourseDog, Qualtrics, Cascade, etc.); working knowledge of accreditation standards for Schools/Colleges of Pharmacy; develop a working knowledge of UM policy and procedures for academic course scheduling; and develop a working knowledge of the College of Health’s graduate education programs.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and problem solve in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and find creative solutions to problems in quick order
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal relations, and strong service orientation
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals and utilize effective conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with regular interruptions
- Ability to learn UM specific academic policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidential records and adhere to FERPA requirements
- Ability to execute all tasks and responsibilities with a high degree of accuracy
- Proven ability to work independently with great attention to detail and work cohesively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience with event planning
- Demonstrated skill in the operation of personal computers and related word processing, spreadsheet and database software, as well as the ability to update web content (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Publisher) with the ability to learn new software
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures; business English, spelling, grammar, composition, proofreading and ability to edit materials
- Demonstrated office management skills including appointment scheduling, using standard office equipment: copiers, fax machine, multi-line phone system, scantron readers, and printers
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalency) in addition to two (2) years of closely related experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Previous experience in a customer service setting
- Working knowledge of University of Montana infrastructure, policies and procedures or other institution of higher education
- Previous experience with Qualtrics and E*Value
About the Skaggs School of Pharmacy, UM , and Missoula
The Mission of the Skaggs School of Pharmacy is to prepare graduates to be highly skilled scientists, educators, and patient-centered health care providers. To advance scientific knowledge through research and graduate education ranging from bench to bedside. To promote life-long learning, community service, social responsibility and interprofessional collaborative practice, and to foster cultural sensitivity in all graduates. The School offers professional (PharmD) and graduate degrees (MS and PhD), and dual programs PharmD/PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, PharmD/MPH, PharmD/MBA, ad PharmD/MS in Pharmaceutical sciences.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Program Coordinator II
Position Number: 163660
Department: Skaggs School of Pharmacy
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year,
Salary: $15.75/hr – Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS - MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Monday, October 19, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner