Associate Vice President for Enterprise Services
Sam Houston State University (SHSU) invites nominations and applications for Associate Vice President for Enterprise Services.
The chosen executive works collaboratively with university leadership and the community to develop solutions that help the university achieve student success and its overall goals. The AVP for Enterprise Services will lead the Enterprise Services department and provide leadership, vision, and strategic planning for the implementation and maintenance of campus enterprise systems, including student information systems, human resources, finance, and other related enterprise systems. The recent addition of a College of Osteopathic Medicine and its associated clinical operations offers new opportunities for the AVP to identify innovative solutions.
Important to note… the Enterprise Services environment at SHSU is atypical for a university of this size. Specifically, we are advanced beyond most large universities/systems and strive to be a model for others to follow. The AVP for Enterprise Services, therefore, must be a visionary who is self-driven and focused on transformational change.
Among other duties, the AVP for Enterprise Services will:
- Collaborate with university leaders to align Enterprise Services (ES) departmental operations and systems with university functional and strategic needs.
- Collaborate with the Vice President for Information Technology to develop, establish, and communicate the campus Information Technology (IT) strategic and operational plan.
- Collaborate with university Vice Presidents to understand their goals and identify opportunities where ES can assist with expediting or achieving those goals.
- Provide leadership, vision, strategic planning, coordination, direction, evaluation and mentorship for ES staff.
- Plan and administer the design, configuration, deployment, and operation of university information technology resources related to university wide administrative and academic Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) computing.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation for university ERP-related information technology resources.
- Develop activities, policies, procedures, and a departmental culture that facilitate, promote, and sustain collaboration with the university community.
- Produce and oversee development of operational and service delivery documentation and policy.
- Develop, document, and implement internal control procedures to ensure fiscal, regulatory, confidentiality, and security accountability.
- Develop and maintain the ES departmental budget
- Assume the duties of the Vice President for information Technology when necessary.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned leader with significant experience in a major, complex, market-leading ES organization. A forward thinker with the ability to change/adapt the role along with the developing the culture of the organization and higher education as a whole. A leader with an entrepreneurial mindset. Courageous, resourceful and inventive. A creative idea generator, highly motivated and driven. Enthusiastic, optimistic and visionary. A master’s degree in Information Technology or related field, plus seven years related experience is required. A combination of education, experience, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered in lieu of the degree.
For more than 140 years, Sam Houston State University has prepared students for meaningful lives of achievement. Its motto, “The Measure of a Life is its Service,” echoes across SHSU’s eight colleges and beyond its Texas campus. SHSU serves one of the most diverse student populations of any educational institution in Texas, attracting over 22,000 traditional and non-traditional students from around the United States and from more than 50 countries. In addition, almost half of SHSU students are the first in their families to pursue a baccalaureate degree.
Currently SHSU offers over 90 bachelor's degree programs, more than 60 master’s programs, and 10 doctoral programs. SHSU is classified as a “Doctoral/Professional Research University” by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education and has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report for being among the best in the country for online graduate programs. In addition, the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education classified SHSU as a "Community Engaged" university.
To express interest, please forward your cover letter and resume to: AVPEnterprise@anthemexecutive.com
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer.
Apply for Associate Vice President for Enterprise Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly