Assistant Director of Budgeting and Management Reporting
The Budget and Management Reporting Office at the University of Tennessee at Martin is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Director.
* Preparing budget reports to determine budget performance
* Reviewing position and pay requests for accuracy, funding, and adherence to fiscal policy
* Compiling data to use in forecasting revenues and expenditures
* Preparing budget revisions
* Reconciles salary budget to general ledger budget by researching discrepancies and preparing appropriate budget revisions
* Maintaining campus position and salary tracking system
* Providing day-to-day assistance to departmental specialists, department chairs, directors, deans, and vice chancellors on budget management
* Preparing system-related reports for proposed, probable, and revised budgets
* Completing financial surveys, such as the American Association of University Professors
* Assisting with maintaining the budgets for the UT Martin campus. Preparing budget reports, monitoring performance, and multi-year budget planning.
* Offering funding recommendations for Academic Affairs
and central program adjustment accounts based on analysis of budget
activity and expected expenses.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field plus seven years of professional accounting experience
* Proficiency in computerized financial systems and spreadsheets
* Excellent human relations, verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and deadlines
* Ability to multitask with a high level of accuracy
* Skilled in customer service.
* Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
* Advanced skill level using Excel.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Experience working in higher education
* Knowledge of IRIS (SAP) software system
Application Process: Qualified applicants must apply online at www.utm.edu and attach a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information of three professional references.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate has been selected.
Pay Grade 43 - Salary commensurate with education and experience.
To view Annual Security & Fire Report - http://www.utm.edu/departments/publicsafety/index.php
The University of Tennessee at Martin is an equal employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate based upon race, color, or national origin. The University's Office of Equity and Diversity has adopted a policy and procedures to provide students and employees, who feel that they have experienced discrimination but are uncertain as to whether a complaint is justified or whether they wish to initiate a formal complaint, the opportunity to discuss their concerns confidentially and informally with the Equity and Diversity Officer/Title VI Coordinator for prompt and equitable resolution of discrimination complaints.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and admission without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, and parental status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the University of Tennessee at Martin affirmatively states that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or disability in its education programs and activities, and this policy extends to employment by the university. Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, and national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), the ADA (disability), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity, 544 University Street, #303, Martin, TN 38238, telephone 731-881-3505. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Martin
- Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Martin
- Accounting & Finance Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Martin
- Other Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Martin