Mathematics Faculty Position
VIRGINIA HIGHLANDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Position: Mathematics Faculty Position
Position Number: F0015
- Master’s degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Additional (or to include) eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in pure or applied mathematics from (a) regionally accredited institution(s)
- Willingness to develop and teach courses via distance learning
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in the English language
- Demonstrated understanding of and belief in the comprehensive mission of community college
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college
- Successful post-secondary teaching experience
- Successful community college teaching experience
- Experience in the use of instructional technologies
- Willingness to support holistic approach to student development
- Teach day, evening, seated, hybrid, and virtual lab and lecture classes at on and off-campus locations
- Actively promote program and course development
- Actively employ effective student success strategies
- Integrate instructional technology in courses and the curriculum as appropriate
- Develop new courses as necessary
- Develop and teach courses using distance-learning media as appropriate
- Establish and assess student outcomes and participate in Institutional Effectiveness initiatives to include assessment and program reviews
- Maintain ten office hours per week with accessibility to students
- Advise students on curriculum and career goals
- Provide leadership and service on college committees
- Pursue professional growth and development activities in discipline(s)
- Advance the college mission by involvement in college, community and professional activities that enhances the college and impact student development
- Teach other courses matching qualifications and perform
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college
Rank and Salary: Rank and salary dependent on
academic credentials and work experience.
Position Available: January 2, 2021. This is a full-time nine-month teaching position. Reappointment will be based on performance evaluations and institutional needs.
- A letter of interest addressing qualifications for position, view of the community college faculty role and professional aspirations
- A completed Commonwealth of Virginia employment application online through the Recruitment Management System at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/199114
- Names of three professional references with current addresses and telephone numbers
- Complete and legible set of unofficial transcripts
To be considered in the initial screening, completed applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm EDT October 19, 2020. This position will remain open until filled. Applications will ONLY be accepted online through the Recruitment Management System. Resume, letter of interest, references and copies of ALL college transcripts must be attached to online application. Transcripts should be combined into one document and uploaded as one file. If you are having difficulty attaching documents, please call Human Resources at 276-739-2425. If the file size of the attached documents is too large, the system will not allow you to upload the documents. You will need to reduce the file size or reduce the resolution. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure that all required documentation is received. Incomplete on-line applications or other materials submitted via e-mail, postal mail, fax or in-person will not be considered. Persons with disabilities requiring assistance should contact 276-739-2425.
If your transcripts are on file at VHCC as a current or former employee or if you need assistance, it is the applicant’s sole responsibility to contact the Human Resources Department by calling 276-739-2425 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request your transcripts be added to your application packet.
Official transcripts are required before a contract will be issued. The job announcement may be accessed at www.vhcc.edu (click on About The College and Employment Opportunities). For questions about the on-line application process please call (276) 739-2425.
Virginia Highlands Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, political affiliation, genetics, veteran status, or disability in its employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position,
however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Documents verifying identity and eligibility to work in the United States must be presented upon hire.
VHCC participates in E-Verify.
Selected applicant will be subject to a background check.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer