Assistant Professor of Nursing - (DNP) Program
Florida Southern College announces a 12-month full-time, permanent tenure track-eligible position in the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program. This position would start in fall 2020. The School of Nursing and Health Sciences provides programs for Exercise Science as well as for Nursing, which includes the BSN pre- licensure, the RN/BSN, the MSN, and the DNP programs. The DNP program is a leadership focused post-master's degree program of study rooted in the application of evidence-based methods for the improvement and enhancement of patient care and healthcare delivery. The Doctor of Nursing Practice Program at Florida Southern College is pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791. Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
This faculty position reports directly to the DNP Program Director and is officially supervised by the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences. The incumbent will be an active faculty member of the DNP Program and may be required to teach in other SNHS programs based on the needs of the School and the College. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide both didactic instruction and project or practice-based supervision in the DNP program and other programs as needed to meet the needs of the SNHS and Florida Southern College
- Maintain positive relationships and active collaborations with community partners and health care organizations serving SNHS nursing programs
- Demonstrate collaboration, collegiality, and support for program excellence
- Provide advising and mentoring for students to advance student success
- Engage in research and/or scholarly activities including mentoring and supervision of DNP projects and practice immersion experiences
- Engage in professional and community service
- Contribute to ongoing curriculum and program improvements
- Participate in faculty governance through service on Program, School, and College committees
Requirements include a doctoral degree from an accredited institution, Florida nursing licensure (active or eligible), and teaching experience at the graduate level.
Florida Southern College is known for engaged learning and encourages scholarly activity of the faculty.
The college has been ranked among the top ten regional universities in the south by US News and World Report, and is included in the Princeton Review's "385 Best Colleges" guide and the Fiske Guide to Colleges. FSC also boasts the world's largest single-site collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, featured on our website at www.flsouthern.edu.