Assistant Professor - Public Health
Assistant Professor (Tenure - Track)
College of Nursing and Public Health
The College of Nursing and Public Health at Adelphi University invites qualified candidates to apply for the Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Public Health for the Master of Public Health Program.
- Teaching workload of 18 credits/ academic year. The selected candidate will join a team of researchers addressing a broad range of public health problems.
- The candidate is expected to lead a thematic program of independent research that is competitive for extramural funding. We are particularly interested in those involved in community participatory research and community health.
- The candidate is also expected to engage in student advising, curriculum development, accreditation, and recruitment and retention activities.
- The candidate will engage in service to the program, college, and university.
- Doctoral degree (e.g., PhD in public health or a health field, DrPH or MD with an MPH) from an accredited institution with expertise in community health.
- The candidate must have a broad base of public health knowledge and skills to teach a range of courses mostly in the community health area such as social and behavioral issues, planning and programming, program evaluation, and community health assessment.
- A strong record of, or demonstrated potential for, community-based scholarly activity including sponsored projects. Candidates must show evidence of an emerging high-quality research agenda.
- Experience or demonstrated potential for developing and strengthening relationships with community- based organizations for collaborative initiatives, research projects, and student placements.
- A demonstrated commitment to work with underserved communities and with diverse students.
- Applicants should include 1) a letter of interest, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) Contact information for three professional references online at adelphi.edu/positions/faculty and 4) Teaching and research statement.
- Only electronic submissions will be reviewed. Review of applications will begin July 21, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
- Upon further request, please send all professional references to Dr. Marie Cox, Chair, CNPH Search Committee at email@example.com.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
- Back Share
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2435