Adjunct Outreach and Promotion Librarian
Adjunct Outreach and Promotion Librarian
Swirbul Library, Garden City (Approximately 20 hours a week)
The Adjunct Outreach and Promotion Librarian will be responsible for coordinating outreach and marketing efforts, developing scholarly library events, and organizing and managing projects, activities, and initiatives designed to promote the services, resources, and collections of Adelphi University Libraries. The Adjunct Outreach and Promotion Librarian also has an active role in the Adelphi University Libraries' research and instruction services and instruction program, providing research assistance to patrons and serving as liaison to campus academic programs, assuming teaching, outreach and collection development responsibilities. This position reports to the Dean of Libraries.
Outreach and Promotion Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive outreach program focused on increasing awareness and understanding of the AU Libraries.
- Participate in the Library Marketing and Outreach Committee, and lead library marketing strategy to effectively promote library programs, services, and collections.
- Develop innovative library programming to enhance student and faculty engagement with the library.
- Assess reach and effectiveness of marketing and outreach efforts.
- Build relationships across the Adelphi University community to highlight and promote the Library's engagement with the university's teaching and learning mission, including diversity equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Create outreach materials and assist in the creation and maintenance of instructional resources such as LibGuides and video tutorials.
Research and Instruction Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide research and instruction services to faculty and students from across Adelphi University in-person and remotely.
- Provide advanced research support to students and teaching faculty through individual consultation appointments.
- Engage in the teaching and instruction of students in information literacy, including creating web-based guides and tutorials.
- Serve as liaison to campus academic programs, ensuring faculty and students are fully aware of the services and resources offered by the library and its faculty.
- Assume collection development responsibilities for selected programs liaising, where necessary, with other library faculty including the Collection Strategies Librarian.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Libraries.
- Applicants must hold a master's degree from an ALA accredited school of library/information science.
- Applicants must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a collegial environment.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
- Back Share
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2460