The University of Nebraska at Omaha has several instructional faculty positions open for the Spring 2021 semester within several colleges. We are seeking candidates who are accepting and affirming of all people and who have experience in methods of instruction with cultural competency and diversity inclusion. Areas of opportunity include:
- Management (Multiple Positions Available)
- Computer Science
- Art (Drawing, 2D Design, and Art Appreciation)
- Teacher Education*(starts Fall 2021)
- English (Multiple Positions Available)
The university and department have a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff. The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an E-Verify employer.
Duties and Responsibilities: Duties will vary by discipline, but in general duties include teaching and mentoring students; contributing to the diversity, inclusion, and equity efforts of UNO; and providing departmental, university, and professional service.
Education Requirements: Education requirements may vary by discipline, but in general a master’s degree in the candidate’s respective field is required.
Desirable Qualifications: Preference will be given to candidates who have completed their doctorate, have prior university teaching experience, a portfolio of professional work, and/or experience with online or blended teaching and learning.
Rank and Salary: This is a non-tenure track Instructor position for a minimum of 3 semesters (fall/spring). Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will begin January 2021.
Information on UNO and Omaha: UNO is a vibrant, metropolitan university in the state’s largest city Omaha with an enrollment of approximately 15,000 students. In recent decades, the campus developed as a more traditional residential university supported by several new and beautifully appointed residence halls. UNO is classified as a doctoral research university in the latest Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education and the Athletic program competes in NCAA division I. UNO also has the distinction of being one of the nation’s leaders in engagement and outreach with a 2015 Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation. The campus, located in the heart of Omaha, is a cosmopolitan city of more than 600,000 (1.2 million including the large Omaha metro area), which is known for its excellent public-school system and strong economic base. The city is home to several racially, ethnically, and culturally diverse groups, and is characterized by myriad places to eat, live, and shop. For more information on UNO, please see: Growing With and Within Our Thriving Community https://www.unomaha.edu/academic-affairs/faculty-support/che-ad-for-uno---may-20201.pdf
Important Application Instructions: Applications for these positions must be submitted through the
PeopleAdmin application portal on the UNO Employment site: https://unomaha.peopleadmin.com
To complete an application please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of teaching philosophy that provides information on fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment for diverse groups of learners
- Names and contact information of three references.
- Additional evidence of teaching can be submitted using the portfolio button (e.g., teaching evaluations).
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin October 19, 2020.
For additional information please contact UNOEmployment@unomaha.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha
- Art Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha
- Accounting & Finance Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Omaha