College of Business Online Programs: Course Design and Delivery Manager
Job Title: Program Manager II
Working Title: Course Design and Delivery Manager
Unit: UW MBA Consortium at UW-Eau Claire College of Business
Appointment: 100% (12 month)
Supervisor: Managing Director
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred
A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in the College of Business beginning December 1, 2020. The working title for this assignment is Course Design and Delivery Manager with an official title in the Program Manager title series. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance and funding. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.Qualifications Required
A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required, along with the following:
- Direct experience in instructional development and design
- Experience with Canvas or a closely related product
- Experience working with post-secondary educators
- Experience with HTML, and CSS coding at a basic proficiency
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience with staff supervision
- Master’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, or curriculum development
- Experience with project management and using project management systems, such as Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with virtual meeting and presentation tools, such as Blackboard Collaborate Ultra or Zoom
- Experience with web content management systems, such as Athena or WordPress
- Experience using Office 365, including the Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and OneNote
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
This individual will serve as the manager of the instructional design staff who comprise the Instructional Design and Online Course Support (iDocs) unit for our College of Business online programs, including the UW MBA Consortium, the UW Undergraduate Business Alliance, and the HCAD Practicum Companion programs. This position is housed on the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire campus, although this individual will also work with faculty who teach from several other UW System schools.
In this capacity, the individual will act as the immediate supervisor for all iDocs staff and will also be responsible for delegating design and development responsibilities. Project management is a key function of this position, including maintaining the project management site, documentation repository, and term calendars. Additional duties associated with this position will include general instructional designer responsibilities. These responsibilities include collaborating with faculty during the instructional design process, creating faculty development opportunities, and providing instructional technology support for students and faculty using Canvas and other instructional technology tools in our digital learning environment (DLE). The individual in this position will also work with online program administrators, department chairs, and deans to ensure high quality performance of faculty in the areas of online course design and delivery.Job Responsibilities Managerial Responsibilities (60%)
- Act as the immediate supervisor of all iDocs staff, which includes meeting regularly with employees, planning and leading staff meetings, and carrying out performance management activities.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of all iDocs projects, such as the annual UW MBA Consortium faculty meeting, and the development and maintenance of online teaching certification coursework for new faculty.
- Serve as the project manager in the program course revision and development process, including delegating course development responsibilities to the iDocs staff, developing revision plans, and coordinating and facilitating planning meetings.
- Manage the iDocs project management site by developing and maintaining calendars and documentation collections for each academic term.
- Maintain UW MBA Consortium design and delivery standards.
- Collaborate with program directors to review the program curriculum and plan upcoming course revisions, developments, and program initiatives.
- Collaborate with Academic Standards and Curriculum Committee and other program administrators to evaluate faculty performance.
- Partner with online faculty to develop, design, and create online instructional content, applying instructional design oversight and active learning principles in the development process.
- Partner with online faculty to incorporate multimedia, interactive learning objects, and technology tools into their online classes as appropriate.
- Provide support as needed for the development of online classes within the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) during the development, revision, or maintenance stages. This includes building course content in HTML format, generating content such as quizzes and formative assessments using learning tool interoperability (LTI) applications, and training faculty to use various digital learning environment (DLE) tools.
- Support online instructors in using DLE tools to provide student feedback and establish instructor presence during their courses.
- Promote online course design and delivery standards that ensure academic integrity and compliance with Copyright, Fair Use, and Section 504/508 accessibility regulations.
- Collaborate with iDocs staff to assess the needs of our online faculty during the course development and teaching processes; as a result of assessments, develop resources and processes for ensuring quality online learning opportunities for our students.
- Work with iDocs staff to develop and maintain materials for the iDocs blog, including a collection of instructional design and instructional technology documentation.
- Contribute to monthly newsletters for faculty who teach online and for students completing our online programs.
- Facilitate and maintain online teaching certification coursework to prepare new faculty to teach in our online programs.
- Work with iDocs staff and program administration to plan and facilitate the annual UW MBA Consortium faculty meeting, an event for faculty from our partner campuses that focuses on program strategic planning and faculty professional development in online teaching and learning.
- Investigate new technologies that may be advantageous to the online program.
- Work closely with UW-Eau Claire and UW-System educational technology and instructional design staff to remain current on updates and known issues related to shared technologies, as well as upcoming instructional design and educational technology initiatives.
- Participate in professional development opportunities that align with individual and university level training and development goals.
- Maintain memberships in appropriate professional organizations.
- Represent online programs at professional conferences.
- Maintain records and reports as requested.
- Enhance the quality of work life for all staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.Application Procedure
Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Job-Postings/ . You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the College of Business Online Programs: Course Design and Delivery Manager position (Job ID # 16643) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Unofficial transcript
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to: Ms. Jessica Franson: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by October 11, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/AnnualSecurityandFireReport-2.pdf) . Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf)
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
More searches like this
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Eau Claire
- Academic Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Eau Claire
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Eau Claire