Senior Coordinator, Patient Support Services
The Senior Coordinator, Patient Support Services coordinator will serve in a surgery coordinator role for three busy brain tumor surgeons. The position is expected to coordinate all aspects of patient's surgery from beginning to end. This role is required to liaise between patients, BSLMC and their team. The role may be required to assist with some research and calendar management tasks.
- Schedule surgeries within BCM Epic and the OR at the hospital in a timely manner.
- Schedule imaging, preoperative testing and other appointments as needed to assist patients with prepping for surgery.
- Communicate with patients regarding surgery and all preoperative requirements, maintain ongoing communication as needed.
- Communicate with referring provider offices to cultivate relationships and involve in care of referred patients.
- May be asked to successfully manage calendars for three providers.
- Must answer and return phone calls within 24 hours.
- Partner with Nurse Practitioner and Medical Assistant to ensure patients are seen in clinic in a timely manner and surgeries are scheduled as quickly as possible given urgency.
- Coordinate visits with other providers for surgery clearance as needed.
- Assist with resolution of insurance issues as needed (i.e. schedule peer to peers, review denials and follow up if needed).
- May be asked to work on research projects or studies as needed.
- Assist with surgery prepayment collections.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate efficiently and in a timely process with patients and peers.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in surgical practice.
- Epic or other electronic health records experience.
- Previous experience scheduling surgeries.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.