Research Coordinator II
The Section of Epidemiology and Population Sciences is seeking a research coordinator II, to coordinate day to day activities for the Houston Hurricane Harvey Health Study (Houston-3H Study) to contribute to the development of neighborhood-level pollution burden as part of the research activities for the Houston Hurricane Harvey Health Study (Houston-3H Study). The Research Coordinator II will utilize geographic information system (GIS) to accomplish their day-to-day tasks.
This is a part-time position working approximately 20 hours per week. It is expected to last up to six months, from October 2020 until February 2021.
- Sends out survey packets, consent participants, coordinate the collection of specimens (e.g., saliva samples), tracks all data in the database, and conduct stelephone calls to potential participants.
- Works with the research study leadership team to develop the neighborhood-level pollution burden.
- Enumerates the spatial data needed, assesses data availability by temporal windows, identifies authoritative sources for identified data, and downloads all necessary original/source data.
- Performs specific GIS analysis tasks and compiles spatially processed data into formats that are usable for further statistical analyses.
- Participates in other data collection efforts of the study, including collection of data from study participants.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston