Education Program Manager
The National Center for State Courts is an independent, nonprofit court improvement organization located in Williamsburg, Virginia. NCSC's services – research, information services, education, consulting, association management, and technical assistance – are focused on helping courts implement improvements that promote efficiency and effectiveness, while ensuring access to justice, timeliness, and procedural satisfaction.
The Institute for Court Management (ICM) Division of the NCSC is looking for a highly motivated professional to provide support to the ICM Fellows Program including management and coordination of activities and events for the distance learning, residential, court project, and presentation phases. The incumbent will also assist with curriculum development for the Fellows Program and related ICM certification courses. In addition, they will assist the Fellows Program supervisors, program participants, faculty, and clients throughout all stages of the ICM Fellows Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Under the direction of the Fellows Program Dean, manage and coordinate activities of the distance learning, residential, court project, and presentation phases of the ICM Fellows Program.
- Assist with recruitment of Fellows Program applicants and participate in admissions decisions; notify applicants of admission decision; resolve problems associated with tuition payments, late assignments, and other administrative issues; ensure materials and assignments are posted, monitor student participation, and respond to student questions.
- Work with faculty to ensure content, activities, and materials are consistent with curriculum guidelines and respond to faculty questions and requests.
- Provide occasional work direction to administrative staff in support of the Fellows program management.
- Participate in curriculum development for the Fellows Program and related ICM certification courses, as well as assist with the annual one-day Fellows Leadership Seminar.
- Provide support for Fellows Program supervisors during the court project phase to include guidance on project resources and compliance, timeline support, and communication with participants.
- Serve as faculty and may serve as court project supervisor, as needed and in alignment with areas of expertise.
- Contribute to the overall leadership, strategic planning, and effective management, of ICM and the Fellows Program. Participate in decision processes, make recommendations, and contribute to building team
- Represent NCSC/ICM at national meetings and conferences; develop contacts, market ICM education programs, generate new interest, and contribute to enhancement of ICM’s reputation and products.
To be considered candidates are required to possess the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Education or the Social Sciences and / or equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, abilities and skills to perform job duties.
- Minimum of three years of experience in teaching/education with an emphasis in adult education, executive development, and leadership training in court management, or related area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Principles, theories, methods, and practices of adult learning theory and instructional techniques;
- State court systems or justice environment;
- Project management including managing project objectives, budgets, and timelines;
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Develop and implement course curricula, evaluate faculty, and coordinate program assessments;
- Plan, assign and inspect the work of assigned staff and contract faculty
NCSC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/DISABILITY/VETERAN EMPLOYER
Resume review begins October 19th, with preference given to early applications Candidates are required to submit a cover letter and a resume in addition to the completed application form.
Salary will vary by candidate experience and qualifications.
In the REFERENCE portion of your online application please list three persons who are not related to you and who have definite knowledge of your qualifications and fitness for the position to which you are applying. Do not repeat names of supervisors listed under experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Williamsburg
- Academic Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Williamsburg
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Williamsburg
- Distance Education Programs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Williamsburg