Senior Web Application Developer
The Division of University Relations’ Business Applications team seeks a Senior Web Application Developer, who will play a key role at each stage of the software development cycle. This individual will develop and support mission-critical web applications for the division using modern web technologies and techniques including object-oriented PHP7. This person will be part of a small but fast-paced development team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing systems development life cycle from initial specification, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance.
As part of the team, the Senior Web Application Developer will have an opportunity to collaborate, work with clients, and solve unique challenges. Additionally, they will engage in peer code reviews to ensure processes support existing architecture and meet user requirements. This individual will identify and recommend improvements to existing processes to drive efficiency, as well as maintain documentation of processes and procedures.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the degree.
At least 6 years of experience developing and using corporate web technologies. The successful candidate must also have experience with multiple programming languages and technologies, web search engines, analytics tools, multimedia support, and general website and application utilities.
Substitution Experience Equivalency:
6 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; OR
8 years of experience with an Associate Degree or relevant certification; OR
10 years of experience with a High School Diploma or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Section 508 / 504 and WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and compliance relating to websites and web applications.
• Ability to utilize the WAMP Stack (Apache/MySQL/PHP), familiarity with development and collaboration tools.
• Exceptional skills in problem-solving, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences, as well as translate business requirements into technical deliverables.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, being highly organized with extreme attention to detail.
• Proficient knowledge of current web development trends, software development methodology, software and hard architecture, software requirements, security, and web standards and compliance.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Park
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Park
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Park