Financial Aid and Scholarship Advisor
Posting Number 2021022 Posting/Functional Title FAS Advisor University Pay Plan Title Financial Aid and Scholarship Advisor Location San Marcos Department Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $2,518 - $2,750 Job Category Non-Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
• High School Diploma
• Excellent Writing Skills
• Problem-Solving Experience
• Customer Service Experience
• Financial Aid Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Proficient in Spanish
• Interpersonal Skills
• Customer Service Skills
• Teamwork Skills
• Organizational Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Problem-Solving Skills
• College or University Experience
• Decision-Making Skills
• Demonstrated Initiative
• Highly Motivated
• Ability to Work Under Pressure
• Ability to Work Independently
Financial Aid and Scholarships at Texas State University seeks a financial aid professional to work in the office’s customer service area (i.e., call center and customer service desk).
Reporting to the Supervisor of Financial Aid and Scholarships, the Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for answering inbound calls in the office’s call center and/or assisting customers at the customer service desk. In addition, this position is charged with providing excellent customer service in a high stress environment, advising students, reviewing financial aid work lists, and responding to customer emails.
The Advisor will deliver excellent customer service, review work lists, help manage specific financial aid resources and data, and advise students according to university, state and federal financial aid rules and processes. This position is also tasked with keeping abreast of all pertinent federal and state financial aid regulations. In addition, this individual will be charged with making recommendations as necessary to ensure the delivery of effective and efficient services. The Advisor must be able to assist customers in a timely and repetitive manner.
Additional Information to Applicants
Candidates must include a chart or table demonstrating how they meet the minimum required qualifications for this position. This should be attached as the “Required Chart” in the documents section of the application.
Occasional overnight travel and work beyond normal 8-5 business hours may be required during peak business periods.
Job Open Date 09/29/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 10/13/2020 Open Until Filled No Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION., YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33800 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Required Chart
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos